Official Website of the Government of the Republic of Korea
The Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “T) is to stipulate the use requirements, procedures, and other necessary matters regarding the internet website (hereinafter “website”) provided by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea.
The definitions of the terms used for this T is as follows.
1. “User” refers to a person who accesses this website and receives the services provided from the website according to the T
2. “To apply” refers to an act of filling out relevant information on the application form provided by this website, and agreeing to the T to use such services.
3. “Member and Accompanying Person” refers to a person who provided personal information to use the services provided by this website, and can use the website for information and its services.
5. “Email verification” refers to an act of verification to whether or not the identification of the user and applicant are the same, and to protect confidential personal information on the internet.
6. “National ID number” refers to a personal identification number given to a person deemed appropriate by the government.
7. “Application number” refers to a combination of letters and numbers given by this website for identification of users and for users to use services.
8. “Fee” refers to the cost of ETA application that the applicant needs to pay using an online payment service through an electronic payment agency when applying for the ETA.
9. Terms that are not defined in this T are defined in the relevant laws, separate terms and conditions and regulations of use for individual services.
1. The website provides services on the condition that you agree to the T
2. In case of making amendments to the T, the reason for amendments, effective date, and the changed contents along with the current T will by notified on the main page of this website or sent to the applicant’s e-mail address which was registered at the time of application from 7 days before the amendment goes into effect.
3. If the user does not agree to the amended T but continues to use the service without expressing disagreement for over 7 days after the effective date, the user shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended T
4. This website shall not be responsible for any damages incurred as a result of the user not being aware of the amendments to the T
1. When necessary, the website may establish separate terms and conditions or regulations of use for each service field. In case of a conflict between this T and the separate establishment, the content of the separate establishment will take priority of application.
2. Matters not specified in this T shall be subject to the provisions of the Framework Act on Telecommunications, Telecommunications Business Act, Deliberation Regulations of Telecommunications, Code of Telecommunication Ethics, Computer Program Protection Act, and other relevant laws and regulations.
1. Use contract is established by the user’s consent to the T of this website through the internet.
2. Consent to this T shall be expressed by clicking the ‘Agree’ button for the T of this website.
3. The website can reserve the establishment of the use contract in any of the following cases until such reason is resolved. 1) Service-related capacity is insufficient 2) Technical difficulties
4. The services provided by the website are self-developed from the website or by consultation with other institutions, and by notifying the user, the contents of the provided service can be changed.
1. Personal information shall be protected according to the Personal Information Protection of Public Institutions Act.
2. The website shall collect, use, and protect personal information as follows. 1) Collection of personal information: The website collects the user’s personal information through information provided or generated by the user when using the services of the website. 2) Use of personal information: Personal information collected pursuant to 1) above shall not be disclosed or distributed to a third party without the user’s consent. However, this does not apply for cases when a request is made according to legal procedures stipulated in relevant laws or when the user discloses his/her personal information provided to this website by him/herself. And if necessary for reasons such as integrated management of user information between websites of administrative institutions, relevant information may be provided to other administrative institutions. 3) Protection of personal information: Personal information collected pursuant to 1) above shall be protected as it includes the application number and passport number (date of birth). Therefore, you must not inform others your application number and passport number (date of birth), and must close the web browser window after use.
3. The user’s application for use according to the T shall be deemed to have agreed that the website use the personal information collected pursuant to the above paragraph 2 subparagraph 1.
1. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information entered by the user from the moment the user uses the website service. The user is responsible for all consequences of using the e-mail verification number, application number, and passport number (date of birth).
2. The user is responsible for all management of the e-mail verification number, application number, and passport number (date of birth). When the user discovers that the e-mail verification number, application number, or passport number (date of birth) have been illegally used, the user must immediately report this matter on the website. The user is fully responsible when failing to report such issue.
3. The user must correctly terminate the connection with this website every time the user uses it. This site is not responsible for any damages or losses caused by any use of information about the user by a third party due to not terminating the connection correctly.
1. In operating the service, the website may notify the user of various information such as announcements regarding the website by posting it on the website or send e-mails or mails.
2. In case of notification to unspecified users, the website may post the contents of the notification on the board of the website for more than one week instead of individual notifications.
1. The website shall grant an application number to the user upon completion of application pursuant to the T
2. In principle, the application number cannot be changed.
1. In principle, the service hours of the website shall be 24/7, given that there are no special disruption to the business or technology.
2. The service hours in paragraph 1 excludes the time set by the website needed for regular maintenance, etc.
3. The website may designate separate hours for specific categories of services. In this case, the details will be announced.
1. The website may limit or suspend the provision of service in the event of maintenance, inspection, replacement, or breakdown of information communication facilities, disconnection of communication, service modification work, or high network congestion level.
2. In case of service suspension pursuant to paragraph 1 above, the details of suspension will be notified on the website 1 week prior to the suspension. However, when unavoidable events occur such as an urgent system check, the abovementioned notice period may be shortened or omitted, and the website shall not bear any responsibility for damages or losses caused by the user’s failure to recognize the details of the notice.
3. The website shall not be responsible for any damage to the information processed by this website due to national emergencies, power outages, service facility failures outside the scope of the website’s management, or other force majeure.
4. In the event where the service is to be permanently suspended due to the circumstances of this website, the notice period shall be one month in advance.
5. The website may arbitrarily restrict or suspend the use of service or terminate the use contract without the user’s consent if a user violates this T
1. The website may terminate the use contract without prior notice or suspend the provision of services pursuant to each paragraphs of Article 16 of the T when a user violates the user obligations.
1. The user cannot use, process, sell or provide information obtained by using the website for profit, Matters concerning copyright of the information materials shall be governed by the relevant laws.
2. 2. The user shall be solely responsible for civil and criminal responsibilities arising from the infringement of another’s copyright.
This website may delete, move, or deny registration of a post without prior notice if a post registered on this website’s board falls under any of the following.
1. Is in violation of this T or contains contents that is deemed to be commercial, advertising, obscene, or vulgar
2. Contains slanderous or defamatory content
3. In violation of public order or moral customs
4. Concerned or recognized to be related to criminal activities
5. In case of infringement or copyright or other rights of this website or a third party
6. Concerned regarding piracy or hacking
7. Is irrelevant with the board
8. Is deemed to be in violation of relevant laws
1. The website does not violate laws and this T, and strives to provide stable services.
2. The website does not disclose or distribute information related to the user’s application, use information to a third party without their consent. However, this does not apply if there is a criminal investigation purpose or if there is a request based on other relevant laws and regulations, and if necessary for reasons such as integrated management of user information between websites of administrative institutions, relevant information may be provided to other administrative institutions.
3. The website should have a security system to protect the users’ personal information (including credit information) so that the users can use the services of this website safely.
4. The website is not responsible for any service failures caused by reasons attributable to the user.
1. User must correctly enter requested information when using the service. Also, to maintain and manage correct information, the user should immediately update information if there have been any changes to the provided information. The e-mail verification number, application number and passport number (date of birth) should not be used or disclosed to third parties.
2. User cannot engage in any profit-making activities other than those permitted by the Immigration Act using this website.
3. User cannot dispute any administrative fee imposed by the government of the Republic of Korea for the use of services provided by this site, and the user cannot request for a refund of the administrative fee which have already been paid.
4. User shall not engage in any of the following acts in relation to the use of this website service. 1) The act of wrongful or illegal use of another user’s e-mail verification number, application number and passport number (date of birth) 2) The act of transmitting, posting, publishing, e-mailing or by other means sending contents that are abusive, slanderous, insulting, threatening, disseminating false information, or are defamatory or infringes on the privacy of others 3) The act of disguising the source of information 4) The act of posting, publishing, e-mailing or by other means sending contents that cannot be used under the relevant laws or the T 5) 5) The act of posting, publishing, e-mailing or by other means sending contents that infringe on others’ patents, trademarks, business secrets, copyrights or other intellectual property 6) The act of posting, publishing, e-mailing or by other means sending contents in the form of advertisements, spam mails, and lucky letters that have not been approved by the Ministry of Justice 7) The act of collecting or distributing personal information of others 8) The act of hacking or spreading computer viruses 9) The act of impersonating the website operator, employee, or authorities 10) The act of any arbitrary change of in part or all of the information posted on this website 11) The act of criminal activity purposes or related to other criminal acts 12) The act of violating public order or moral customs 13) The act of defaming or insulting another person 14) The act of repetitively sending advertising content against the others’ will 15) The act of interfering with or is likely to interfere with the stable operation of the service 16) The act of violating this T or other regulations and conditions of use of this website 17) The act of violating other relevant laws
1. The website owns the services, software, images, marks, logos, designs, service names, intellectual property rights relating to the information and trademarks, and other rights provided by this website.
2. Except for cases explicitly approved by the website, users shall not modify, lend, borrow, sell, distribute, produce, transfer, re-license, set up security rights, or perform commercial use of all or part of each property mentioned in the above paragraph, and cannot allow third parties to do so.
The user cannot transfer or donate the right to use the service or other use contracts for use to another person, and it cannot be provided as collateral.
The website shall not be liable for any damages incurred to the user regarding the services provided by the website, except for criminal acts intentionally committed by this website.
1. The website shall be exempt from the duty to provide service when natural disaster, or other force majeure prevents service provision.
2. The website shall be exempt from the liability in case of damages caused by the telecommunication service provider’s suspension or failure to provide normal telecommunication services.
3. The website shall be exempt from the liability in case of damages caused due to unavoidable reasons including repair, replacement, regular checkup, or construction of facilities.
4. The website is not responsible for any service failures caused by reasons attributable to the user.
5. The website is not obligated to represent any opinions or information of users expressed on the service.
6. Under no circumstances shall the website be responsible for any gains or losses incurred to you by relying on the information contained in the services provided by this website.
7. The website shall not be responsible for any product or financial transactions between users or between users and third parties through the service.
The laws of the Republic of Korea will apply to the disputes between this website and users over the use of services, and lawsuits arising from this dispute will be filed in the competent court under the Civil Procedure Code.