Q45. [Application Qualification] What kind of documents are required for K-ETA for ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’?

To apply K-ETA for 'Priority Entry (Business) Persons', you need to submit the documents requested by the department in charge, such as certificate of business registration, a copy of the passport bio page of the foreign invitee, and the list of the applicants.

※ For detailed information, please visit the official K-ETA website and refer to ‘#9. K-ETA Application Guide for [Priority Entry (Business) Persons]’ of [Notice].

Q44. [Application Qualification] What are the procedures for the K-ETA for ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’?

First, domestic company (or organization) applies for K-ETA to the department in charge (Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Defense Acquisition Program Administration, Ministry of SMEs and Startups, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, etc.) related to their business institutional industry.

Second, the department in charge verifies the entry purpose of the applicant as ‘important business purpose (priority entry persons)’, the department in charge sends the K-ETA application to the Ministry of Justice via the official letter.

Third, The Ministry of Justice evaluates the validity of K-ETA issuance based on the K-ETA application form sent by the department in charge, and then notifies the evaluation result (official letter) to the domestic company (or organization) by e-mail and also to the department in charge by official letter.

Q43. [Application Qualification] Who are eligible for K-ETA for ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’?

Foreign nationals of the countries/regions where visa-free entry has been suspended who intend to enter the Republic of Korea for an important business purpose are eligible for K-ETA for Priority Entry (Business) Persons.
However, those who intend to work for short term to engage in profit-making activities (C-4), such as temporary performance activities, advertisementㆍfashion models, lectureㆍspeeches, research, technical guidance, are not allowed to apply and must obtain a visa at a diplomatic mission for entry.

Q42. [Application Qualification] I am a national from a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, but if I depart from (or resides in) a visa-free entry country, can I apply for K-ETA?

The eligibility of the K-ETA application is based on the passport issuing country not on the country you reside or depart. Therefore, if you are a national of a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, you cannot apply for K-ETA.

Q41. [Application Qualification] I have submitted the K-ETA application and received an application number. However, I received a notification e-mail saying that the application information will be deleted if the application is not completed.

If you have a temporarily saved application, you may receive this e-mail saying your application will be deleted.

If you received the 'Approval for Electronic Travel Authorization' e-mail, you may disregard the notification email.

* You can check your application status at the K-ETA website or K-ETA App-[K-ETA Application Results]-[Check K-ETA Results]

Q40. [Application] If I plan to stay at various places, how do I fill out the address?

If you plan to stay at various locations, please enter the address of main location where you will be staying during the visit. If the address is changed after you obtained the K-ETA approval, please update it at the K-ETA website [K-ETA Application Results]-[Check e-Arrival Card]. Please be advised that there may be disadvantages if you do not update your address.

Q39. [Application] When I upload my photo, it says that the file size limit exceeded. What should I do?

As numerous K-ETA applications from all over the world are being submitted, there is a limitation with the file size. Your photo size should be less than 100KB and 700*700 pixels. If you find it difficult to change the size, download the K-ETA application (K-ETA) from Google Play (Android Phone) or App Store (iPhone). The mobile app will automatically resize the photo.

Q38. [Application] I cannot enter the address in the address box. How can I fill out the address where I will stay?

For the address search, you can get the result quickly and easily if you enter both the five-digit postal code and the road name (without the building number and special characters) in the ‘Address Finder’ pop-up window. For your reference, detailed guidance can be found at the [Notice] board (No. 5: Address Finder) of the official K-ETA website.

Q37. [Application] During the COVID-19 situation, do I still need to submit a negative PCR test result after I receive a K-ETA?

During the COVID-19 situation, quarantine related documents such as negative PCR test results are required even if you receive K-ETA approval.

Q36. [Application Qualification] During the current COVID-19 situation, who can apply for K-ETA and enter Korea?

Due to the COVID-19 situation, 62 countries/regions out of 112 countries/regions whose nationals are required for K-ETA have been suspended visa-free entry. Therefore, as of Nov. 8th, 2021, K-ETA will be implemented to nationals of 50 countries and regions that can enter Korea without a visa.

The following are the 50 K-ETA eligible countries and regions.

Albania, Andorra, Barbados, Dominica, Guam, Guyana, Holy See, Ireland, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Palau , Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Slovenia, United Kingdom, United States of America, Venezuela
28 Additional Eligible Countries for K-ETA (from Sep. 1st, 2021)
Greece, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Romania, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Estonia, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Poland, France, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland
(from Nov. 8th, 2021) Singapore

※ K-ETA eligible countries are subject to change based on the COVID19 situation. Please check the website announcements for details.